Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally and Sadly


It hasn't dawned on me yet that I am finally and sadly over with my high school years, not until today..

Today was our farewell party. It was my first and last time in my entire high school years to attend such.

Well, anyway, I am aware that this kind of post is expected very much from someone like me, someone who just finished the the roller-coaster ride of high school and is about to set foot in the "bigger world out there" as they say. But really, the feeling is unusual, foreign and unfathomable that I think that this is really a "must-blog" despite the commonness of the topic.It's as if my one feet is ready to brave out the real world out there yet the other is behind and just wants to stay in the petty world of high school.

Back then in the four years of high school, there were times that I just wish to speed up to college. I just wanted to skip the all the childish arguments with classmates, the strict and at times hectic schedules, the feeling of having less freedom and the fact that I am going at the same school and being in one room with the same faces for four freakin' years. But little did I know, ironically, these things I used to hate are for sure the things I will be missing when I will be college, which will be soon.

I am such a cry-baby. I think. I cry easily over the simplest touching things. But surprisingly, I haven't cried during our Graduation Day last March 25, 2010. I thought I'll cry when we will be singing our Graduation song, but no tears fell, nada. But hey, considering the fact that our graduation was "The Climb" I doubt if even the most cry-baby in the world can shed a tear. :p

But like what I've said, it was only today that the idea of me finally going to college and my classmates too going their own ways, dawned on me. Earlier, when the pool party was up and it was already time to say goodbye, everyone hugged and cheek-kissed each other. It was also the moment I started realizing, that "hey, really, we won't be seeing each other and stay at the same classroom and tambayan next June!" Some say to drop the drama because we will still be seeing each other around when we will be in college. Yes that can be partly true, but it would never be the same again as it was in high school.  We'll be living our separate lives, pursuing our own dreams and fighting our own life battles.

Whatever good or bad things I have been through in my high school years, I am very much grateful about it. I am grateful that I met people that yes, may be far different from me, have various upbringing and have dissimilar ways and say on things from me but are still very much willing to conform and sometimes just make a way for my childish antics. I am teary-eyed now, swear.

Plus, the big plus, is that I am very, overly, mega, ultra, super thankful to God and to everyone else that despite my self-confessed laxity and the almost complete surrender, I WAS (SURPRISINGLY!) STILL INCLUDED IN THE HONOR ROLL. Yup! I marched last March 25, 2010 WITH HONORS. There were discrepancies reported and were immediately corrected. And so, there I WAS IN! Just when I thought I couldn't make it any more, God is always there to remind me that really, nothing is impossible. He really works in mysterious ways. It was all too good to be true because I already sulked over the fact that I am not a candidate for honor roll. I even made a post about it! (See post here)


I am just so grateful for all the blessings! :)

Yes, high school already ended but never will be the friendship and the bond that was founded! :)

 I'll be in college! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment