Friday, April 1, 2011

all is well


I watched Three Idiots twice today.

No, actually make that yesterday because as of writing, it's already past midnight. I know this movie has been circling around for some time and earning good reviews which I heard mostly from boys in school. Haha. But I first thought this is some kind of a depthless movie because of the title. I thought it was just a 21st Century edition of Three Stooges, you know. Haha.

Well, obviously, I find myself corrected, way way corrected. I've got poor and bad judging when it comes to movie titles I guess. As a matter of fact, I'm enlisting it now as one of my favorite flicks ever. It's a comedy, romance, musical, drama and social film. I like the cinematography and musical scoring even if I'm not really an expert when it comes to those things. I like it too that I'm beginning to open interest in our neighboring Asian countries' culture because to be honest, my influences are usually from the west. (Though I loved Slumdog Millionaire). It was named Three Idiots but I consider the people behind it brilliant. While watching, I was guffawing like nuts at the moment then crying like nuts too the next. It's just crazy. 


The message imparted by the movie was simply strong yet to be honest, it's already uncommon.
"Pursue your passion". (This has been my tag line these days after those print-screened tweets and long posts. Read previous posts below. Hehe.) But  the movie reminded me this in such a new and great way. The impact is still there.

Very timely for me to watch because at the moment, I am starting to doubt a little with the career choice I've chosen. Writing has been and always will be my passion and happiness. But I did not take a course in connection with pursuing this passion. Instead of letters, I chose numbers. I'm a freshman Accountancy student and currently I'm hoping I will still be when next semester starts. Because as far as I'm concerned, I am not doing that good. And I don't know if this has something to do with my "Passion confusion".

I could have taken Mass Communications or Journalism since writing is my passion just like what I've been saying. But  obviously I did not. Simply because I don't find being a writer a lucrative job. It's for practicality's sake because I am not  affluent by birth. Also, I was thinking, out of the nine Multiple Intelligence, I guess the linguistic intelligence is the most common intelligence people have. Simply stating, I have this perception that the writing industry is very competitive. There are a lot of talented writers or aspiring writers out there and some of them are my friends in fact. I feel like you need to have these connections to certain people with high profiles to get you where you want to be. I hope I'm wrong but I hope you get the picture. I can not reckon if I am just being coward. But Mom always say that I can always pursue writing later when I am already stable and that, I understand fully. Sometimes we just need to compromise.

To make this post short because my peepers are starting to ask for slumber already, I've come to this rumination that  maybe, there are some people who need to tread other paths first before arriving in their actual destination. And I guess I am one of them . I am dreaming to become an author of a smash-hit, New York Times Bestseller novel or a columnist of a local newspaper or perhaps a magazine editor but I should set my sights first on bringing food on the table. Reality and destiny in chemistry.

To end this, I'd like to quote something from Sarah Meier-Albano's blog  [yup, her again! :) ]

"It’s not about not having career or financial goals, but about realizing that God’s plans are oftentimes a hundred-fold the complexity and impact of what you have envisioned for yourself.-S. M-A

Indeed, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment