What a great summer it was!
To say it was beyond eventful is such an understatement. My summer classes occupied most of my usually mismanaged time. (Laughs) But it didn't stop me from having fun under the sun. After all, I'd like to believe that the sun is my spotlight. :)
Usually, I just lay around the couch on summers and read books that catch my fancy. But this summer was the exact opposite and I love it! The summer of 2011 I must say, is by far, my most non-idle summer for the record. The photos showed above couldn't even justify my whole 2011 summer experience!
Let me try to recall...
♥ My cousin's dusk until dawn graduation pool party.
♥ Experiencing extreme bewilderment on riding the innocent-looking Sea Dragon ride.
♥ Nocturnal sightseeing of the city of Davao with cousins in my paternal side whom I haven't seen in awhile 'cause they are now based in Cebu. After driving around the city, we went at a hilltop which is famously called as Hilltop (laughs) that is overlooking at the city of Davao. With a few light booze, chips, casual talks and the magnificent view, it was the perfect way to usher in my cousin's birthday.
♥ A quick summer escape at the shores of Gumasa (still with cousins). The paradise I've been wanting to go back to since I first went there last 2008.
♥ My first University Beach Fest.
♥ The sleepover at Nise's place (we were thirteen all in all).
♥ Meeting my cousins in my maternal side for the first time and bonding with them and welcoming them here in GenSan (they are based in Manila).
♥ The boat-riding and night-swimming at Amandari Cove with cousins in my maternal side.
♥ Exploring the grandeur of Lake Sebu.
♥Gallivanting around at the newly opened Abreeza Ayala Mall at Davao with my mom, sister, brother, college friend and high school bestie.
♥ The grand family reunion on my maternal side. I must say that this is the highlight of my entire summer. Honestly speaking, I am much closer to my relatives at my father's side so this experience helped me a lot to be closer too to the other side of my roots. :)
Well, that was hefty!
How I wish my next summer would top my 2011 summer. But undoubtedly, I'll treasure the memories I've gained over the past few months of heat and sunshine.
As of writing, it's gloomy outside. The weather tells me to move on and be ready not just for rain, but for classes as well. Well, I'm ready and thankful.
Summer 2011, you were actually beyond wonderful. ♥







No comments:
Post a Comment